Sunday, December 11, 2016

Divorce is hard

This week we talked about divorce. This is a very sensitive subject for me because my parents got divorced when I was young. I grew up with my mother working really hard to provide for my 8 siblings and i. My Father helped out every once in a while, and we were able to see him every other week. But he was never really involved in my life.

I don't think very many people realize what a difference it makes to have a father in the home. When I would go to my friends home I would see their family unit and how it functioned. A lot of them didn't appreciate their father because of the athoritative role he played,  but the thing they didn't realize is that  that is good for them.

Studies have show that children the grow up without a father are more likely to rebel or get into sexual trouble when they are in their teens. In my class they said that children have a harder time forming emotional attachments and it's easier for them to freely give physical attchment.

Those are just a couple things, there is also the stress that comes with financial and housing problems.

When people get divorced, it affects more than just the husband and wife, it effects your whole family. So appreciate what you have if your parents are still married. If they are divorced, understand that everything will be ok, life progresses and you can overcome any challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment